The United States beat Mexico 1-0 in extra time to win the Concacaf Gold Cup for a seventh time.
Atlanta United defender Miles Robinson headed in after 118 minutes in Las Vegas, his third international goal.
The US win is their first in the tournament for North American, central American and Caribbean countries since 2017.
"I don't know really what happened - some crazy emotions but I'm happy we got the W," said Robinson.
"We were focusing a lot on set pieces. I knew if I could get open, I could finish one and Kellyn [Acosta] put a perfect ball in so I had to finish it."
Mexico - the only nation to have won the tournament more often than the US - had the better of the first half and had a promising chance saved when a Rogelio Funes Mori header was turned round the post by US keeper Matt Turner.
Paul Arriola was in on the Mexico goal for the US shortly afterwards but hit the outside of the post, although the miss did not ultimately prove costly as his side went on to win.
- 2CannonSubstituted forMooreat 65'minutes
- 21BelloSubstituted forVinesat 65'minutes
- 19WilliamsonSubstituted forBusioat 87'minutes
- 23AcostaBooked at 113mins
- 17LletgetSubstituted forRoldanat 66'minutes
- 7ArriolaSubstituted forGioacchiniat 87'minutes
- 13HoppeSubstituted forKesslerat 120+1'minutes
16Herrera4Álvarez6J dos Santos
10Pineda11Funes Mori17JM Corona
- 15MorenoSubstituted forSalcedoat 44'minutesSubstituted forSepúlvedaat 105'minutes
- 23GallardoBooked at 114mins
- 16HerreraBooked at 72mins
- 4ÁlvarezBooked at 117mins
- 6J dos SantosSubstituted forGutiérrezat 76'minutes
- 10PinedaSubstituted forPizarroat 76'minutes
- 11Funes MoriSubstituted forPulidoat 105'minutes
- 17JM CoronaSubstituted forRodríguezat 90'minutes
- The man who introduced Joe Wicks to meditation: Exploring spirituality and mindfulness with Russell Brand
- The Ancient Olympics: You're Dead To Me explores how even death couldn't stop you winning